About SUSU LGBT+
Find information about the current committee, our policies and how you can contact us.
Welcome to the LGBT+ Society at SUSU!
We welcome anyone from any gender or sexual minority, and even allies who wish to support our community. Our aim is to provide an inclusive and safe space for LGBT+ students to socialise with one another, allowing them the freedom to discover and express who they are free from judgement.
We aim to ensure that the highest level of discretion is maintained in order to protect our members who may be unable or unwilling to disclose information about their sexuality or gender. If you are unsure if an action has the potential to breach discretion don’t hesitate to drop us a message - our contact details are further down this page.
Check out our Safe Space Policy that we expect all committee and society members to adhere to.
We know that coming to an event may be daunting, so if you have any questions, don’t know where to go or would like to meet up with someone beforehand you can use our online tool to request an introduction at one of our upcoming events.
If you need any advice our Welfare Officers are always around for a chat or to point you in the right direction for further help.
- President Jonathon St Clair-Smith
- Vice-president Dean Benavidez
- Secretary Andrew Sean Jones
- Treasurer Simon Brooks
- Publicity Officer Amy Miller
- Activities Officer Position Vacant
- Welfare Officer Josh Aicken-Bowley
- Welfare Officer Alex Monroe
- Technical Officer Steffan Padel
- Ordinary Member Kieran Lyddon
- Ordinary Member Mark Brewerton
- Winchester Rep Fern Bowdery